Yesterday was a GREAT Day! I now realize days that ALL kids are in good moods, getting along, and are not sick are, well, rare.
Sunday mornings started out very early since we have Church at 9am. To get six people fed, baby nursed, dressed, loaded in the car, checked into 4 different nursery rooms with 4 different "church bags" is easily a two hour event. But, organizing and planning ahead made Sunday run much more smoothly! Church outfits picked out and ironed the night before, bags and Bibles packed, breakfast set. I am learning more and more everyday how to make our routine as a large family run as seamlessly as possible. After Church we came home, had lunch, spent a little time in the pool before it was time for Peyton's swim lesson. There were lots of tears but she did GREAT!
The kiddos then went down for naps while Vu and I packed up toys and essentials for dinner at Vu's parents house. They really do not have a kid friendly space at their home, so we always need to plan and think ahead when visit them about 1 1/2 hours away. I also made a Manicotti dinner which everyone enjoyed. Overall, we had a really wonderful time and I knew it meant so much to everyone, especially Vu's 99 year old grandmother. Her face just lit up when she got the chance to hold Paxtyn :)
Unfortunately, by the time we arrived home around 8 pm, both Pax and I were getting sick-FAST! This cold hits hard, fast, and is brutal. It was a very challenging night and it was so sad to see and hear Paxtyn so congested and coughing all night, but we made it through. :)
Monday, July 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment