CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 21, 2010

LASIK Eye Surgery!

I had LASIK eye surgery yesterday.This has been a work in progress for the pat 5 years since we've been waiting (and budgeting) for a time that I was NOT pregnant. I'll be honest, it was MUCH more difficult than I expected! Well, either that or I'm just a big wuss! I mean, it's not like you're able to look away during surgery...seeing all the instruments come at me was absolutely terrifying. I spent all friday in these super spiffy goggles and then returned on Saturday to have them removed. My husband was AMAZING...he took care of the kids while I was recovering in the bedroom, and my good friend Kristen had Peyton over at her house for a princess playdate-so sweet!

My eyes are still very sore and I am on a cocktail of eye drops, but my vision is getting clearer by the hour! After 13 years, it is so thrilling not to have to wear glasses! We are also hoping that this will help my complicated migraines :)

Today I stayed at home. My eyes are still very sensitive to the light and I didn't want to drive. Vu took the little boys in the double jogger for a run and Bray kept right up with him for a whopping THREE MILES!!! He is turning into quite the runner! After their morning run, he took everyone in the pool. This afternoon my parents cames by and took the three big kids to the park and to dinner (Vu was at work). We are so blessed to live so close to them!

And then we had a wonderful suprise visit from one of my BFF's, Corinn and her fiance Matt! They made a spontaneous trip down from Tallahassee to look at wedding venues :) I am so excited to have them down and can't wait for all of us to wake up in the morning with the chaotic Church drill...it's quite an event getting everyone ready in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Marissa, I just got your message on Christina's fb wall! How funny! Nice to "meet" you through your blog...the blogging world is both big and small at the same time! :D
    Alicia
    P.S. Your description of lasik surgery makes me cringe! *shudder* I must must must take care of my eyes to prevent ever having to have it! :O

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...