CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010!

Our Thanksgiving was WONDERFUL!

 The morning started off at 6am getting packed and heading out to the Turkey Trot Race, which is an 18 year tradition for our family.  Vu and Bray decided to run the 5K and did AMAZING...they did not stop once!  My mother also power walked the 5K and did great :)   I headed down with my brother, dad and the kids to participate in the 1 mile.  Everyone had a really great time!

We quickly raced home and turned on the Macy's Day Parade and the kids had a blast watching the floats and dancers.  It was very exciting to see my high school participate as well!  During this time, my mom came over and worked very hard getting the casseroles made.  I FINALLY finished the apples pies that I had started on the day before...it literally took me 5 hours just to peel them because of the back and forth with 4 kids and a hubby who didn't get off work until midnight.  But they turned out really well and no one got food poisoning. I was proud of myself :)  Naps were next, then turkey time!

My parents, brother and grandmother came over and we ate dinner together.  It was a lovely evening of delicious food, good kid behavior (whew!) and sweet company.  Peyton even said Grace at dinner..it was adorable.  My mother started a new tradition by giving us a new family game...this year it was Yali, a game of balancing small balls on a table.  Braylon really loved it!  My mother is full of wonderful ideas :)  Some pictures are below...

Daddy and Bray up bright and early for the 5K run.  They ran the ENTIRE race!!!  So proud of my healthy runners :)
 Uncle Bo and Pa rode in our van to the Turkey Trot Race.  Here is Bo snapping the beans en route...a tradition :)
 YAY!  A great photo at the race!
 Mommy, Daddy, Pey, Pax, Ky and Bray
 My very first attempt at apple pies!  I even made the crust *happy dance*
 Ta-da!!!
 Mimi and Kyan working the on the undercover corn
 28 pound beauty!
 Uncle Bo cutting the bird
 Lots of giggle attacks with grandma!
 Paxtyn chewing.  I also caught Kyan in the background  hee hee
 6 months old!
 Braylon working hard.
 I tried to get creative and took a photo from the stairs.
 I love this photo of us!
 Investigating Bo and Pa's beards

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...