CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 10, 2011

January 2011 Grocery Budget!

This past month I worked VERY hard to reduce our grocery bill!  Below is a photo taken after my second grocery trip of the month {$146.22 spent}.  And please don't bother to state the obvious...I am fully aware of how nerdy it is to take a picture of groceries.  However, it was incredibly encouraging to see the success of my hard work!

I crunched January's Grocery Budget for a family of 6, and the results were very encouraging:

Total spent on groceries = $378.92 (142.71, 146.22, 89.99),
Total saved by couponing = $248.97 (89.70, 89.35, 69.92),
Total percentage saved = 39.7%!!! SUweeeeet!!!!

**this does not include diapers, and we also had company the first week of January so we had numerous take out and fast foods**

My monthly goal for February is to spend no more than $400.  I have budgeted to spend $50 per week (yes, week) at Publix on milk, produce, and a few other sales.  The remaining $200 I plan to spend at Sam's Club on 15lbs of ground beef, other meats, paper products and 25 loaves of bread.  I have worked hard the past 8 months to build up pantry stock pile and am now planning to rotate BOGO Sales/couponing with bulk buying.  So, this month is my meat/paper goods/bread bulk purchases which will {hopefully} last us 8 weeks, and March I will be replinishing my stock pile {including canned goods, frozen foods, ect}.

I'm stoked and will keep you updated!  :)







2 comments:

  1. Wow! Good for you mama! I spend sooo much money on groceries, but I justify it with my blog. That is some impressive savings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow great job! was trying to get more into couponing this year but i always feel overwhelmed when i look at the ads and look at all the coupons i have saved. there are also like a billion coupon websites and blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...