CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 23, 2011

A weekend full of ADVENTURE! {video and pictures!}

Last weekend was a full of adventure!  Islands of Adventure and Adventure Island, that is!  We squeezed MOSI in and I hosted a lovely Bridal Shower in Ft. Lauderdale for one of my best friends (more on that soon), too.  My husband had a conference in Orlando and the cconference attendees had 5 hours to visit Islands of Adventure and the entire theme park was closed to everyone except them!  How marvelous is that?  So, he took our three oldest children and they had an amazing time with dad!  On Sunday, we planned a trip to Adventure Island after we received an email that due to our Busch Gardens membership passes, we were allowed one free visit in September to Adventure Island.  Yeah buddy, we were all over that one.  And since my in laws were still watching Nam (since I was out of town the day before) we opted to just bring our 3 true swimmers and oh my goodness, what a splashin' good time!  I have fond memories of AI as a child, but have never been to the park with my own children.  And honestly, if it wasn't free we probably would not have gone...just seemed a little out of our league.  Boy was I wrong!  We enjoyed the wave pool, splash areas, HUGE slides (and our 3 and 4 year olds were able to ride on as long as they wore vests!), beach area, and lazy river.  I had to suck in my preggie pooch so I could go down some of the big slides ;) 

It truly was a wonderful experience and I am very thankful we did not bring our non-swimmer as it would have been incredibly challenging participating in all the activities.  I was absolutely exhausted by the time we left 5 hours later.  Watch our video below!

Hurry up, mom!  We want to ruuuuuun!
 Silly pose!
 Posing with their life vests in order to ride the BIG slides!
 Mommy and her 3 oldest (and baby in the tummy).
 WeeeeEEEEE!  Thao even went down a few times by himself!  woa!  Such a brave 3 year old!
 *sigh*  I adore this photo...so thankful for our water proof camera that I toted along.  I would have missed out on all of these special photos!
 Pure joy in the tunnel!
 Part of the Splash Attack play area!
 Minh spent the majority of his time figuring out the water contraptions.
 :)
 Cooling off in the Lazy River.
 The Wave Pool!  So thankful we decided to keep their vests on.  The kiddos were exhausted by this time.
 Minh must have attempted this atleast 10 times!  So proud of him for not getting frustrated and giving up.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Can't wait until my littles are old enough to enjoy a place like that!! You look fabulous by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...