CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 16, 2010

A Day of Giving :)


Wednesday was a magnificent day and truly a day of giving. After dropping Braylon off at Camp I headed over to a local non-profit agency. It was a shelter for homeless families transitioning back into the working world. Our MOMS Club raised $600 for charity of choice and I had the honor to go by to meet the director, view the facility, and give them our Club's donation check. While I looked at their children's room and listened to their director explain how this marvelous facility came to be, I felt very overwhelmed...and humbled. There was so much love and hope within such a small space...within each hand painted butterfly on the wall, within each little stuffed animal whose fur had been worn thin by countless snuggle sessions. It was all so beautiful. I left there with a full heart :)

The day continued with the ins and outs of life. The kids did great again with their swimming lessons with my mom :)

I was then able to make a very brief visit to a good friend of mine. She had a baby 4 weeks ago and I brought her dinner. Nothing super fancy but I could tell it was so greatly appreciated. :)

It was a beautiful day!

1 comment:

  1. Great job raising all that money with your club. How'd you do it? Do you know what they'll use the money for?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...