CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 6, 2010

Appointments OVERLOAD!

Whew! I am dizzy after a week JAM PACKED with appointments! All Children's Hospital visits, Dental visits, MOMS Club meeting, Lasik appointment, pediatrician appointment, car appointment, cable appointment, prescription pick ups and phone calls setting up future visits...oh my goodness! I believe I am transitioning very well as a mama of four, but keeping track of all of the medical and misc. appointments sure is a feat in itself! I am learning as I go, but a few things that have helped include:

1. The obvious: A calendar!

2. Bouncing ideas off my husband and NOT getting offended when he asks if something has been taken of. I can't do it all...a marriage it teamwork. And sometimes I get personally bruised when as asks, "have you made Pax's 4 month appt?" ect, and my answer is a mousy, "no."

3. Making time to MAKE appointments. That certainly turns into a major chore when your time to call and schedule appointments is when the kids are down for their naps-which also happens to be when office's are closed for lunch! argh! Scheduling 15 minutes during independent reading time is a great tip!

4. Cheat Sheet in the car. Sometimes my "uh oh, should have thought of that" moments come when I am driving. But NEVER schedule while in the car with the kids. I can't properly discipline if a child acts up in he back seat and lets be honest, it's just NOT SAFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...