CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Freezer Inventory

About 2 1/2 months ago our garage freezer (a hand me down from my parents) died. I was devastated because not only did I lose that extra space but I lost ALL of my pumped breast milk! *sigh* Well, we made a big purchase a few weeks ago and found a fabulous deal on a tall freezer at Sears scratch and dent store. So now I have TONS of room for my freezer cooking, bulk shopping purchases, and of course my liquid gold-breast milk. *happy dance*

Along with extra space came a membership to Sam's Club. Oh. My. Gracious. Talk about HEAVEN for a family of six! Now, it does take some skill to shop at Sams. I have been twice and am learning what they have and the quantities. Things like coconut milk, fish sauce, diapers without dry max, ect they do not stock...so I REALLY need to focus on what is available. I lucked out and was able to get a business membership through a good friends company, so that means I can shop VERY EARLY at 7am!!!

So, here I am with extra space to fill! I found this little post about keeping track of freezer inventory VERY useful. I will start this today since I just did a major meat/fruit run.
freezer inventory

2 comments:

  1. Meat, Milk, eggs, cheese, yogurt, paper towels and bottled water are things we consistently buy at Sam's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Marcilyn: Thank you! It certainly does help to go in with a strict game plan...I'm still learning. :) Their meat selection is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...