CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Change of Plans Due to Toddlerhood!

Well, today started off like any other day. Kids up, dressed, breakfast, B dropped off to school, laundry, and reading time. Wednesdays are super fun because we take the 3 little ones to Open Gymnastics and let them run their hearts out! Well, I was nursing little guy on the couch and realized my 2 year old had been miiiighty quiet. My investigation led to this discovery...Kyan had climbed onto his big brothers top bunk!


Such a little rascal!

We asked him to show us how he got up and he showed us how he methodically climbed up his drawers. When he got to the top he yelled, "see guys!"



Let Operation Disassemble Bunk Beds commence!


Of course, our drill had died (isn't that always the case with minor home repair emergencies?) so we raced to Lowe's to purchase another battery only to find that our drill had been discontinued. Sooo, we purchased another one, headed to gymnastics, raced home to rearrange the room before daddy left for work and I piled the kids in the car to pick up B. Unfortunately this meant naps had to be postponed and we ended up missing Lego Club at the library. However, we got it done and the room, although looking somewhat hodgepodgy, is safe again for my daredevil two year old!
Here is the "new boys room."





In these types of quick thinking/immediate attention required mommy moments, I have found that...

1. Being flexible is key to sanity when things get a bit crazy. I'll admit, I have my schedule and what I plan to do during the day and to stray from our activities makes me feel, well, a little out of control. However, if we don't make it to Lego Club the world won't stop turning...

2. Being calm and patient is crucial. When mom is calm, the kids are calm(er) and I really need to let it go, be patient, and remember to them the drill does look like a totally awesome new toy and 50 reminders not to touch it will be needed...and that's ok. They're kids. Be patient.

3. Just laughing sometimes does the trick. I was a little out of sorts by the time we made it to Open Gym, and explaining the story and laughing about it with friends reminded me that it was noooo big deal! Dude. It's a bed. He's a boy. Totally.


In these types of quick thinking/immediate action required moments, what keeps you calm and collected?




:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...