This was the Orange Beef Orange Beef crockpot recipe that I made on Monday with rice and salad (made some adjustments. Added juice from two oranges and then cut them and put on top of meat. No peppers). It was very zesty and my husband and ODS LOVED it! My two and three year olds were a little weary since the meat was extremely juicy and looked different than the usual beef they eat. But overall, I give it 8 out of 10!
The rest of the week went according to plan, except for Saturday's dinner. We quickly cooked stirfy and then swapped with Sunday dinner, in which my mother made her Spooky Halloween Dinner for the kids. Complete with a brain jello mold (pictures coming soon!)
Sunday Supper Meal Plan 10/31
**With cooler weather coming our way this week, I am going to be utilizing our outdoor grills! We have a propane and a charcoal grille. My husband LOVES meat cooked on the charcoal because of the smokey taste and smell and I am very excited to learn more about grillin', especially since Vu usually handles the grill! However, I will only be cooking charcoal on the nights that he is off...it's a tad bit too dangerous to utilize on my own with kids underfoot. I also reviewed this Goof Proof Grilling Article for some helpful tips!
Breakfasts: Cold cereal, scrambled eggs (we have a TON to get through!), smoothies.
Lunches: Turkey sandwiches, Cheese mini-me', left overs.
Dinners:
Monday: Rons Grilled Shrimp (I actually have every single ingredient in stock! yay!) with rice, peppers and salad
Tuesday: Cranberry Grilled Chicken (with chicken breasts) with rice and salad.
Wednesday: Leftovers with rice and fresh broccoli.
Thursday: Meatloaf on the Grill (I am very excited to try this one!) with rice, sweat peas, and salad.
Friday: Hot dogs, grilled corn (fresh corn stalks, peeled, smothered with butter and wrapped tightly in foil and salad) this is getting up geared up for this months camping trip!
Saturday: Steak and potatoes with sweet and tangy marinade
Sunday: Frozen chicken nuggets and tater tots
Do you have some grilling tips or a favorite grilling recipe? Please share! I would love to learn more!









No comments:
Post a Comment