CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"The Girl" Trilogy by Stieg Larsson...fabulous, fast paced reads! :)

Let me first preface this by stating that I am not a big reader.  But, I have found that as a stay-at-home mom, my mind seems a bit, well, mushy at times.  Earlier this year when I was at a party, I excused myself to, "use the potty."  shakes head  Oh my, my, my.  Therefore, my desire for some sort of outlet that did not involve potties or parenting lead me to these books.  The first book, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is wonderful...once you get through the first 150 pages of financial jargon.  650 pages later I was desperate for book #2, The Girl Who Played With Fire.  Well, after I completed reading it I could not WAIT for #3 to come out in paperback (and there was a mega wait list at the library) so I splurged on the hard back copy.  Woa!  I highly recommend all three!  They are fast paced criminal novels that will have you guessing and thinking outside the box. 

In my opinion, books like these are much more dangerous than tv.  You can turn off a tv but have a much more difficult time closing a small portable book.  I would read in car line, at the play ground, at home...you name it!  Finally by #3 I realized that my time with my kids and husband was being jeopardized by a book (lame as it sounds, it's true).  So I caution readers...make sure you schedule in reading time for:

 1.  The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

2.  The Girl Who Played With Fire

3.  The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest



3 comments:

  1. Ah ha ha ha ha Yes I have been this way a time or a hundred with Logan. I am putting them on my library list now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh...can I borrow? I LOVE to read but I to find that I have to watch when I read because I can easily neglect my family and duties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are killer reads! Paige, I actually loaned them to Janet :) However, she reads through books in 2-3 days...so she's most likely finished! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...