CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Black Bean Soup With Avocado {Major YUM Factor!}

My dear childhood friend from the 4th grade, Laurel, has an wooonderful website called Laurel on Health Food.  It is jam packed with delicious, healthy recipes and health topics...not to mention lots of giveaways!  A few weeks ago I made her Avocado and Black Bean Soup and holy macaroni, it was a-MA-zing!  I served it over rice and my oldest son, husband and I absolutely loved it!  It has a bit of a kick to it (which I can adjust next time), so the little kids said it made their "tongues hot!"  I highly recommend this easy to make, healthy and freezable soup!  Ennnnjoy!



Ingredients:

2 cans black beans
2 ripe avocados

1 onion

4 cloves garlic

2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil

2 cups vegetable broth  *I only had Chicken Broth...turned out great!

2 tbsp. hot sauce (such as Sriracha)

1 tsp. cumin

1 tsp. chili powder

Salt & pepper
I served over steamed rice.






All I had to buy extra were the Avocado's!  The rest is very basic kitchen stockpile.
 Chop onions and remove the skin and pit from the avocados and cut up into bite-sized pieces.
 Chop up the onion and sauté in a soup pot with the olive oil over medium-low heat until the onion begins to turn translucent. Add the garlic, stir, and sauté for another minute.
 Stir in the cumin, chili powder, 1 tbsp. of the hot sauce, and a little salt and pepper.
 Add 1 can of black beans and the vegetable stock, and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.

Pour the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Add half of the diced avocado to the ingredients in the blender and reserve the rest for garnish.


  Blend until smooth.

Turn on rice cooker.
Pour the blended ingredients back into your soup pot and add the other can of black beans. Stir, bring back to a simmer,
serve hot in bowls with the remaining avocado and hot sauce sprinkled on top for garnish.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...