CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 3, 2011

February Grocery Budget!

Well,  just crunched our February Numbers and am EXTREMELY pleased with the numbers!  This was my goal I posted last month...

"My monthly goal for February is to spend no more than $400. I have budgeted to spend $50 per week (yes, week) at Publix on milk, produce, and a few other sales. The remaining $200 I plan to spend at Sam's Club on 15lbs of ground beef, other meats, paper products and 25 loaves of bread. I have worked hard the past 8 months to build up pantry stock pile and am now planning to rotate BOGO Sales/couponing with bulk buying. So, this month is my meat/paper goods/bread bulk purchases which will {hopefully} last us 8 weeks, and March I will be replinishing my stock pile {including canned goods, frozen foods, ect}."

And here are my numbers!!!



Total spent on groceries = $439.98   Publix  $220.83  (78.94, 73.57, 36.66, 31.66) + Sams Bulk Meats/Breads/Paper Products (219.15)
Total saved by couponing = $142.28 (76.67, 36.21, 17.70, 11.70)
Total percentage saved (using ONLY Publix amounts)= 64.4%
Total percentage saved (using BOTH Publix & Sams Club)= 32.4%

**this does not include diapers**








My numbers for Sams Club were a tad bit over the $200 since A) last minute I decided to buy 20lbs Turkey Meat rather than ground beef and B) I've bee on a health kickand splurged onfresh Salmon filets.  Also, my weekly amounts for Publix were over twice by $18.00 and $13.00 but then under by $12 and $18...so I juuuust about evened out.  I think this plan of rotating bulk meat/bread buying with Publix stockpile buying is going to work!  *squeeeal*  I also saved money by:

1.  Selecting the sale veggie of the week as our side item for dinner (ex: brocolli was for sale so we had broc. as a side dish for a week)
2.  I am drinking Almond Milk (which there are TONS of coupons for!)
3.  Making sure I ask for rainchecks on BOGO items that were sold out
4.  Asking for advice from the cashiers!
5.  Shopping ALONE.

How was your grocery spending this past month? Any advice!?














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...