CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 13, 2011

First Iceskating Lesson! {video and photos!}

Peyton had her first iceskating lesson last week at the very same rink that I started off and she did AMAZING!  For her 4th birthday she asked for, "a violin, to go iceskating, and to wipe her own butt."  oooooookey dooookey.  I half expected her to meltdown when she got the skates on or fell for the first time, but not a single tear was shed.  She spent about 10 minutes being gently pushed around and then decided to start marching around on her own.  The Coach kept turning back to give me thumbs up and mouth, "WOW!  She's doing great!"  She fell about ten times but got right back up.  We struck out three years ago with Braylon's extracurricular activities (I coached his soccer team and he took Taekwondo)...it was just too much for him at the time.  So this was extremely exciting to see my child actually enjoy lesson!  I kept thinking to myself, Is this how easy it's supposed to be?  She is signed up for 3 more lessons and of course I love the fact that skating is not a seasonal sport...we can do as much or as little we/ she likes.  At the very end of her lesson, the Coach picked her up, came over the intercom and announced, "We have a very special announcement!  Today is Peyton's 4th birthday!!!  Happy birthday, Peyton!" She was beaming!  And for those of you who know Peyton, you know just what a big deal it is to get a smile out of her :)


Got her skates on!  Paxtyn peeking in the background ;)
Being pulled out
I panicked at first when saw so many other kids with helmets on!
I didn't have gloves for her either {get it together, Marissa!}  Fortunately,they had an extra PINK pair for her to borrow!
There was no way that kid was getting hurt.  Whenever he fell it reminded me of Ralphy's little brother from "Christmas Story."  Rolling around unable to get up.haha
Such a big girl!  She was however the smallest on the ice.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...