Lets face it. I am outnumbered. And most days are totally manageable, but some I have a very challenging time getting everyone put together to get out the door. Lately, Kyan (2 yo) has been requesting "I do it by MYSELF!" when getting dressed, so I decided to ride with it and searched some Montessori self help ideas for the kiddos. Below is a video of him putting on his jacket (and yes, that IS a skeleton on the counter! haha Dad is teaching them anatomy). I wordlessly demonstrated how to put on my own jacket while he watched and then told him it was his turn. This is his VERY first attempt and he was sooo proud of himself! I plan to continue teaching these self help techniques, and hopefully within the next few weeks all the children will be able to dress themselves and load into the van without assistance. :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











That made me smile so much! Great idea Marissa! :) So cute.
ReplyDeleteGreat job! So impressed!!
ReplyDeleteHe was soooo proud of himself! He really surprises me. I don't think he's listening or watching and then BAM! He's got it in one try!
ReplyDelete