CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 11, 2011

Top Ten Pictures of My First 5K! {Irongirl Race!}

First, I would like to say that I am soooo not a runner, so when I typed the title I had a good little chuckle. Me?  A 5K?  Ha ha ha.  Two months ago a good friend of mine asked if there were any moms interested in training for the Irongirl 5k Race.  At first, I thought it was a little out of my league since I was still nursing Paxtyn and with four kids I just wouldn't have the time to train.  However, her pesky little reminder emails finally broke me down, and I said yes!  And for those of you who know me, when I am in...I am ALL in!  I vowed to give this Race 100%, and with my supportive husband I found a way to run 5-7 times a week.  I won't lie, training {and figuring out the logistics of nursing baby and running when my husband was home since we didn't have a triple stroller} was a beast...but I did it!  I made it!  I completed it!  And I didn't come in last! gasp  Our rather large running group dwindled down to just Mindy and I, but we had a blast!!!  And my sweet parents even came for moral support and to act as our personal paparazzi!  Love them!!!  Therefore, this weeks Top Ten is and Try New Adventure is...
Top Ten {Tuesday}  ...and:


Top Ten Pictures of My First 5K!

Mindy and I in the eeearly am.  We had to get there at 5:30am!
 We were fired up!!!
 And we're off!  It was so amazing seeing all the women cheer, chant and sing along to the pre race songs!
 There I am in the blue and Mindy is right behind me waving her arm!

 I called her "the gazelle" because she just seemed to gracefully prance along without any effort.  At this point, I was dying..
 We started to sprint!  And look Mindy still smiling!!!  Gosh I love her!
 Pushing it!
 ALMOST THERE!
 We crossed the finish line at the exact same time!!!  36.52!!!
 With our medals on the beach!!!






5 comments:

  1. You certainly LOOK like a seasoned runner! I ran my first 5K in January, and hope to do the Revlon Run for Women at the end of this month. Addicting, isn't it?! :DM

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! It IS addicting!!!! Thank you so much, ladies! We had an amazing time! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD FOR YOU!!! I've just gotten back into running :) It feels SO good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...