CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Austin,Texas Trip!

Last month, my best friend from college/college roomie got married!  It's so exciting seeing close friends step into that next Chapter of their lives...and sweet when you're asked to be a part of their special day.  We were invited to their Austin, Texas wedding and my husband was DETERMINED to find a way to get me out there!  Sooooo, with lots of coordination (Minh stayed with my parents, and Thao and Hieu stayed with his) and an extended amount of time taken off work, we flew to Austin with our (then) 23 month old and 8 week old.  We were able to stay 4 days and nights and had SUCH a marvelous time!!!  It's amazing how much sight seeing you can cram into 4 days with "only" 2 children!  My husband even decided to stay at the hotel to watch the kids during the wedding so I could really "live it up" at the reception.  He said, "We're not flying ALL this way just for you to have to worry about watching the kids at her wedding."  Really, how blessed am I!?  Below are some pictures  :)

It was Nam's first time on a plane and he did so well!  However, I think his favorite part was waving to people getting on and off the elevators at the airport :)


We went to the Alamo in San Antonio, Texas!


The ULTIMATE climbing tree!


The Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas.  It was BEAUTIFUL and so unique.  I loved it!


We ate at the Rain Forest Cafe for lunch and Nam had a wonderful time watching the monkeys, rainstorms and cool things.  It was such a special treat for him to have so much one on one time with mom and dad :)


We walked to the MASSIVE mall they had...it was so huge we got lost inside.  haha


We rode a river taxi!  It was so neat!


Next up was back to Austin to see the Capital (or is it Capitol?  hmmm...I always get confused with those).  It was BEAUTIFUL and reminded me so much of Tallahassee (I went to college at FSU).  However, they sure don't lie when they say everything is bigger in Texas!  WOW!  It was gigantic!!!


This was for the bride-to-be.  GO LONGHORNS!!!  :)


We drove through the University of Texas.  Again, it was very nostalgic with its brick buildings and campus layout.  *sigh*  I miss college.


My FIRST pair of boots!!!  I will be wearing these to the upcoming Tim McGraw/Kenny Chesney Concert!!!


Sweet moment capture of Nic and Mark at their rehearsal dinner at a beautiful park in Austin.  We had a wonderful time that night!!!  I just about TACKLED Nicole.  Seriously.  It had been over 6 years since we had seen each other!!!


Nic and I...and my food pudge!  hahaha


Next morning we were off to Zilker Park!


And Bonita Springs...it was very bonita.  haha  :)


We took a train ride!


It was SO COOL!!!  They had a local who is there daily playing the guitar.  Nam loved the entire experience.


The gorgeous bride!!!!  And then my camera phone died  *sniff sniff*


She had this super cool Photobooth there, too!  Here is a picture of Nicole the Bride, her Best Friend/Matron of Honor Natalie, and me!  <3

Then it was time to PAAARTAY!!!  I think this was after 3 glasses of wine ;)  And yes, that's me on my knees-I think my bruises lasted 2 weeks from the reception.


She had this super cool Photobooth there, too! Here is a picture of Nicole the Bride, her Best Friend/Matron of Honor Natalie, and me! <3


This is of a new friend of mine that I met at the Wedding.  We were both there "stag" so we became besties ;)  We decided to take a "before" the reception began and an "after" set of photos.  They are hysterical!  haha













1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...