CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 28, 2010

October School Project is Finished!

Today is the day that Braylon has his big presentation at school :) He /we have worked extremely hard on this months school project. It was very simple... read a mystery novel and make a WANTED Poster about a character that was wanted for doing something. The book he chose was a Chapter book (which took him a LONG time to get through!). He made a front side with a description of the character and drew a picture (with glued on sparkles and all!) and then wrote a summary on the back (which of course took days). It takes Braylon a long time to get through reading and writing assignments, and we are so very proud of him! Now, he was also getting graded on his presentation. He was SCARED to death (the one a few months ago he actually threw up he was so anxious and nervous). He has had numerous presentations before, but it was always optional to speak in front of the class...this is the first time that he is graded. We practiced a ton and my mom came over yesterday and also helped, too. I have been thinking of him ALL day!!! It's so foreign to me to have a child who is shy and afraid of public speaking. I was always the one in the front rowing yelling, "Ooo! Ooo! Me! First! PLEASE!!!"

I will let you know how it went!

What tips do you have for children with fears of oral presentations?

2 comments:

  1. I am so sad. I completely forgot to take a photo :( When he brings it home I will certanly update with a photo! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...