This was Braylon's last week of school before the Winter Holiday and I am soooo excited to have all four children home for 3 weeks! We're going to have so much fun together! My New Year's resolution for this year was to get all of the Christmas planning, shopping, and in-betweens completed in a timely manner and NOT stress about it-and as I'm sure you saw in my October Christmas Card Post, I was not messing around. Well, we have been smooth sailing through December. Christmas Letters were created, printed and mailed without too much of a fuss, gifts purchased waaaay in advance, homemade gifts worked on a little at a time and Holiday Parties and Events scheduled in. Not to mention, I was able to finish reading the book, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, work on our 10 Year Reunion, and start researching and budgeting for 2011 Summer Camps for the kiddos. Really, it's been very laid back and I am proud of everyone for pitching in! I just remember back to this time last year when I had such extreme morning sickness...I am very thankful to be feeling great!
Monday morning was the December MOPS meeting at our Church and it was amazing! I truly love the discussion group I am in and am very blessed to have such amazing friends and Sisters in Christ. We had a sweet speaker, delicious breakfast, wonderful fellowship and worked on a craft. It is so refreshing to have a few hours without the children to carry on adult conversations. Here is a picture of our Discussion Group!
Tuesday was a big day for Braylon! He had his second grade winter concert and I was not sure if he would be able to really handle it (he got really upset the past 2 years and did not attend his kindergarten or 1st grade shows). But, he woke up happy and excited to attend AND perform! My father, daughter and I watched him joyfully perform 6 sings, all with dance moves! I was SO PROUD! It was a wonderful experience.
Wednesday was fun. The kiddos attended Open Gymnastics during the day and Braylon assisted me in the evening putting the final touches on his teachers homemade gifts (blog video will be posted after Christmas!).
Thursday my husband had off work and we met up with one of my MOMS Club playgroups at the local bounce center (buy 1 get 1 free!) and the kids had a AWESOME time! Time flew by and before we knew it it was already 1pm. That evening after dinner we headed to the local Botanical Gardens to look at christmas lights. This was a real treat considering my kids go to bed very early! We then cruised through the local subdivision that has 100's of homes decorated and also collects money for Hospice. The baby started to fuss and superdad jumped in the back seat keeping him entertained! Love him so much :)
Walking to the Botanical Gardens!
Cruising through the local subdivision. And yes, that is Santa riding a sleigh pulled by Orca whales! haha
Today was a lovely laid back day. I was very humbled when our MOPS Co-Coordinator called and asked me to film a segment for our HD Church Service. We have a spiritually blended family and this will be the first year Vu and I will be celebrating Christ's birth with our children! It's a very joyful time!!! :)
Friday Kidisms 12/17/10
"I am such a great Gigolo!" --Braylon on his juggling skills. LOL!
"No mom! That is the Publisher and this is the Author!" --Peyton correcting me when we were reading together. woa.
"If God can see everything then where can I change my panties!?!?" --Peyton
"Thank you, thank you food...AMEN!" --Kyan's new dinner prayer.









No comments:
Post a Comment