CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Top Ten Reasons Why I Love My Ergo Baby Carrier: Top Ten Tuesday 1/25/11

Top Ten {Tuesday}I am linked to ohamanda's Top Ten Tuesday!  Here are my...


 Top Ten Reasons Why I Love my Ergo Baby Carrier

I highly recommend that you read the Ergo instructions and watch the video.  Also, take time to practice putting your baby in and changing positions.  I even practiced in the mirror for a week or so and then had my husband spot me, "Don't help me!  Just keep your hands underneath in case I drop him!"  hahaha  But trust me, you don't want to be "that mom" in the parking lot struggling to put on a carrier!

1.  I Can Wear it as a Back Carrier:  This was my #1 MUST HAVE when looking for a new carrier!  With 4 children (3 three and under) I desperately needed a carrier that would keep the baby out of the toddler combat zone.  I needed to be able to ruuuuun after wandering kids at the park, have two hands available for potty clean up and all while holding onto the baby.  I love, love, LOVE back wearing!!!  *happy dance!*  It also keeps the pressure off my chest (you nursing mama's know what I mean).  It also has...




2.  Multiple position options:  I can wear him on my back (which I do about 90 % of the time), on the front, or on my hip.   I only turn him to the front to...

3.  Nurse while in the carrier:  In order to do this, I simply loosen the straps on the side and scootch him down so his head is level at my chest.  I then snap the head cover over him for privacy.  I can be walking hand in hand with my 2 and 3 year olds and nursing my 8 month old.  It takes practice, but well worth it!  I also ALWAYS wear tank tops which make maneuvering your shirt for a good latch a piece of cake.  so I highly suggest you wear a tank or buttoned down shirt.


4.  Weightless Feeling/No Achy Back or Neck:  When we went to Disney World over Christmas, I wore Pax the ENTIRE time (around 11 hours, except when watching the parade) and I am not exaggerating when I say, I was not uncomfortable at all.  No neck pulling.  No back aches.  The bottom band rests on your hips which in turn supports all the weight, rather than your back or shoulders.  I actually think it improves my posture because the top straps lock together where my collar bones are, and that leans my body back to align perfectly.


5.  Crunchy Mommy and Bonding:  It took about 5 or 6 times for Pax to get completely comfortable.  It was a a different feel and obviously a very different view.  But now he just leans into me and falls asleep almost every time he is in the Ergo.  There is also...


6.  No panel in between baby and my body:  And for some women, they love having a panel in between and everything wrapped tight (Mobi Wraps and Slings).  I'm a little different with my extreme sweating (seriously.  It's bad) so having it open between the baby and either my back or chest is a way for me to stay a bit cooler.  That was not at all part of my reasoning when I purchased the Ergo, but I have come to realize it is somewhat of cooling mechanism for me.


7.  Sturdy and proper leg alignment for the baby:  The Ergo is made to last.  It is sturdy and thick, especially the bottom band that rest on your hips.  Also, it keeps his legs open and straddled which disperses his weight properly rather than his legs hanging down (like in my Snugglie and Bijorn) where the weight was on his crotch.


8.  Built in Adjustable Sleeping Hood:   The hood is amazing!  Not only does it provide privacy (for nursing) and shade from the sun , but it's main function to use when your baby falls asleep on your back.  Simply lift and snap which keeps his head in place.  And the icing of the cake is that the hood is adjustable to different lengths (which makes nursing much easier.  there's no one size fits all!)


9.  Adjustable straps and safety straps:  And not just the hood is adjustable, but the side straps and waist straps are as well.  Again, when I nurse I am able to loosen them a great deal and as I lose baby weight (ehm.  er.  attempt to lose the weight), the waist band is can be let out or pulled in as well.  ALSO, there are safety straps that they go through, just in case you don't clip it completely or there is some freak accident and the clips break.

10.  It Just Makes "Cents":  The money was WELL worth it!!!  It cost me $110 for a new Ergo Carrier.  I searched Ebay and found some for $75, but in the end, decided to stick with new. 

I give the Ergo Baby Carrier a 10 out of 10!!!!!  My only regret is that I did not purchase it sooner.

**BONUS**  Also, I purchased two accessories from www.quirkybaby.com, and I have come to the conclusion that they are must haves!
1.  The review mirror.  It attaches on the strap and I can pull it on the string to view Paxtyn on my back.  Sounds a bit silly, but it's fabulous to take a peek and see if he's sleeping.

2.  Strap covers for chewing.  They are Velcro on and I am able to simply remove, wash, and reattach.  It's so great not having baby drool on my carrier!  :)



3 comments:

  1. My hubby just bought be an Ergo for Christmas and I LOVE it! I haven't tried wearing it on my back, and am a little nervous about getting it situated with child on my back, but I'll have to try it sometime soon. It's a great carrier. And worth the price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out, Marissa! I loved seeing all your Ergo pictures. The Ergo is the carrier that really made a babywearing believer out of me when my oldest was a baby over 8 years ago!

    I'm so glad you love the Ergo sucking pads and Rearview Mirror. Both are must-haves IMO! FYI, all orders of $100+ from QuirkyBaby qualify for a free Rearview Mirror (or a free pair of BabyLegs) -- so those in the market for an Ergo can get the mirror for free (and free US shipping, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo! LOVE THIS!!! I will def. spread the word to my friends!!! Thank you :o) I have referred quite a few gals to your site.
    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...