
Top Ten Things to do in the Carpool Line
2. Sing songs: We have a variety of kid sing along cds...make it fun!
3. Journal: At MOPS a few months ago we made Journals and I've found it's a great way to squeeze in devotion time if the morning started off rough.
4. Read: Let me state that I am NOT a reader. However, the past six months I've been trying to curb my stay-at-home mom mushy brain (sometimes all I feel I talk about is the potty! haha). So, I've started reading books that I want to read, not parenting books. I am currently in the middle of Kristin Hannah's Magic Hour and Michael Crichton's Pirate Latitudes. Fun stuff!
5. To-do Lists: Some days I start off the day super organized with lists, and other days it just doesn't happen. A few minutes in car pool line is just enough time with "free hands" to make notes.
6. Thank You Cards: I have a stash of thank you cards and stamps in the van. This is one of my big New Years Resolutions to make sure to send out thank you cards!
7. Blog Ideas: I am obviously very new to blogging, but with four kids I rarely have time to brainstorm without little hands tugging on me.
8. Apply Lipstick: I'm not a huge make up wearer (with my sweat issues it's basically an impossibility anyway), but it's amazing what an application of lipstick can do! I feel vibrant and ready to tackle the second half of the day! I have a stash of colors in the van.
9. Eat a Snack: I sound a bit hypocritical since we have a strict rule with the kids of absolutely NO eating or drinking in the car. However, some days I get so busy taking care and feeding them, I forget about taking care of me. I buy the mega packs of almonds from Sams Club and leave them next to my seat. I cannot tell you how many times they have saved my day! They are healthy and the crunchiness satisfies me.
10. Regroup...and just breathe. The days become longer, but the years become shorter. I know I will miss these years with my littles, regardless of how challenging the days are. Ten minutes in line is enough time to regroup, recharge and refocus.










GREAT list!! I think #10 is key for me! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kathryn! I couldn't agree more... "just keep swimming, swimming, swimming" :)
ReplyDelete