
...So obviously the strawberries were less desirable. However, I was ready AND organized this time so off we went! Everyone had a marvelous time (I mean, boys + dirt +some bugs=awesomeness) and the sweet family who owned the farm even remembered us from last year and gasped when they saw us, "ANOTHER baby!?!?" hahaha
I hulled and froze 4 containers worth and have a portion left over in hopes of canning homemade strawberry jam for Minh's 2nd grade teacher for Teacher Appreciation Week. However, we shall see how ambitious I really feel tonight with a newborn ;)
If you've never been fruit picking before, I highly recommend it! It's a wonderful, low cost family outing.
Second day of the Season!

Our five kiddos all dirty, happy and proud of their perfect picking.

Some of our stash...I'd say it was a huge success :)









Do you have an address of where this U-pick farm is? We're trying to grow our own stuff but would love an adventure outing too!
ReplyDeleteHi Brooke!
ReplyDeleteI saw your name on the MAH Newsletter!!! Do you attend Weds night? I love your blog with vlogs...soooo cute! Congratulations to you and Eric on baby #2! Such exciting news :) :)
We went to Spivey Farms http://www.myspiveyfarms.com/upick.htm It's in Plant City. Bring cash (for all the strawberries we picked it was a whopping 8 bucks! wow!) and bring containers to bring them home in (I used the metal casserole pans from Sams Club). It was a great time! Hope to see you soon! Give my best to your sweet family :)
xo Marissa
So ready to go picking! Our season doesn't start for another month though. :(
ReplyDeleteThank you! I think I'm going to take the family there this Saturday.
ReplyDeleteThat's funny that MAH still has my name. I only went once and it was their very first meeting last year. We have found a local church that we really enjoy and spend our Wednesday nights there. And since I'm working, I can't make it the Monday morning MAH. I tried emailing you but it didn't work. I don't have facebook so keep updating your blog and we'll keep in touch! :) Take care and congrats on #5!!!