CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Our Ballon Ride {Try New Adventures Thursday!}


Last year, I purchased a Hot Air Balloon Ride for my husband (via Groupon!!) for our 5th anniversary.  However, when I went to schedule the ride, it turned out that you can't ride pregnant.  Soooo, we pushed it off until this year after #5 made his arrival!  It was SO MUCH FUN...a TRUE adventure!  I had no idea how much went into it!  We rode with 14 other folks...the baskets were HUGE.  It was a cool morning, and we were able to watch the sunrise from the air.  What I didn't know going into the ride, was that they cannot control where the balloons will land.  I mean, it makes sense when you really think about since the wind blows you wherever...but I had no idea how much skill was involved just to land!  As soon as we took off, a brigade of stealth looking vans, cars and trucks took off down the road (think Twister chasers) and were in continual contact with our balloon-guy-flyer-pilot.  The were racing below trying to predict where we would land.  We went down over a golf course, but apparently over shot our intended spot, and the crew below was out sprinting across the greens, but we crashed into a tree and landed in the middle of a road!!!  Everyone was fine (except for one lady who fainted and my husband attended to)...woa, SUCH AN ADVENTURE!  Now I get why you are not allowed to ride pregnant!  They don't mess around!  After we got out, we helped roll up the balloon, drank champagne in the side of the road (haha) and were taken back to the meeting point and had a buffet breakfast.  It was a blast!!!  Below are some photos :)

Early morning :)

My husband


Getting ready to take off


Beautiful!  Balloons popped up all over the place!


Sweet shot of our wedding rings.  Happy anniversary, my love!


Quick picture of the "downed balloon"   :)


Traffic was stopped!



Drinks for surviving!  hahaha  Loved it!



3 comments:

  1. Wow! How fun! I'm not sure if it's something I will ever do but I have thought of purchasing something like this for adventurous family members or friends. I didn't know they could fit that many people into the basket either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious. I would love to do this (much more my thing that say...skydiving)! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...